Yeah.
The “contemplations” have been rather lax as of late.
I’m not sure whether this is due to lack thereof…or perhaps just contemplations of the sort that are better kept hidden away in my mind instead of sprawled on screen.
Or maybe, I’m just too tired and busy to formulate anything worthwhile.
Hmm…this should not be.
In January I read through Genesis and Exodus. A lot went down in these two books. The very foundations of our faith laid by men like Noah, Isaac, Joseph, Jacob, Aaron, Joshua…and ol’ what’s-his-name?...Moses.
I’ll admit that not all of it was exhilarating. Is all of anything exhilarating?
But it was interesting, parts of it reveling of us, parts reveling of God….and parts reveling God’s keys to living a life that pleases Him.
The Lord really hammers away at this whole “Sabbath” suggestion.
Or at least that’s what we like to think it is. A nice suggestion to set aside the stresses and pressures of life for one day. One day to take a rest from the world and abide in Him.
He commands it rather intently. Quite a few times. Even condemning violators to death.
Many studies confirm the benefits of taking a “rest day.” Exercise is fabulous, but work-out every day of every week and the body will be fatigued and worse off.
That’s just like God. His usually has statues for a reason. Benefits unknown.
No, I am not under the law, and thanks to His Son, I don’t have to be put to death for violating this law.
But I long to adhere to the Spirit of this law.
Great blessing is found in obedience.
And so while I am left (once again) with dilemmas as to how to implement REST in my life, I am encouraged that God honors those who honestly seek Him and His ways. He will grant grace with time, and He will be lavish with renewal and strengthening.
So, I will try my best to keep to His standards for working and rest. Work hard for six days (that’s key in taking a Sabbath). Rest on the seventh.
Mmm. I feel better already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment