4.28.2006

All by myself...

The commune is vacant tonight. I have sent my friends/neighbors/housies off to an overnight retreat, much like a mother sending her young children to camp (someone has to take of them). I have taken the past hour to begin catching up with one of my best friends from Rockford—a task that is not finished, but will be continued once she gets to work. I am resolved to spend the rest of the evening doing something productive…I’m thinking a little writing, a little IHOP (not the restaurant), and a little Lore time (that is if she has a break from being an RA).

I am also resolved to enjoying these days that are filled with warmth and sunshine…before I head north where it is not so toasty. Yep. I do love this climate. Soon Summer Fun Barbie will have to be traded for…Country Time Barbie…who will then be traded for European Fun Barbie.

Today I said goodbye to one of my really good friends here. She is probably the first friend I made here…and it all started with soccer games:) She is a complete blessing from the Lord. She helps me make sense of things, not only by letting me talk it out, but also by giving me her input. She’s been my chapel buddy for two semesters. She’s supported me in prayer when I didn’t even ask her to. She’s pretty much the best. I love her. I’m going to miss her crazy mad. She’s graduating in December, leaving here before I return. Ah. I’ll be there for her wedding though:) God has been so good to me with the friends He has brought into my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Thanks Kelly! You're definately one of my favorite people, period! Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be into soccer games and LOST. Thank you for simply being you. I appreciate your encouragement with all the plans that have changed in my life. You better be at my wedding! ;-) I love you Kelly Berg! -Alison

Lore Ferguson said...

Yesterday, when we mixed tears at the end of our day, the missing was there in the form a little ache below my adams apple (i don't have one, but if I did, the ache was right below it). But this morning I woke up and thought, she's really going. She's really leaving. And the ache moved down to my heart. I predict the movement of the ache to the general position of stomach, resulting in that weak sick feeling, by Thursday.

Just so you know the progress of what your leaving is doing to us.

I love you.