It was sunny and warm today, so the housies and I moved the table out onto our delightful front porch. I spent the good part of my day sitting at the table, enjoying the weather and the “extra” hour of sunlight. I tried to be productive as I busied myself with 12 workbook pages of Spanish as he sat to my right and read me old entries from his blog. I actually finished the majority of my work (leaving the three writing sections for last and later), though I had to occasionally break from my conjugating to laugh at the random rambling of my friend. Always good times with my buck-a-roo. He’s a funny guy…among other things.
And as the end of the semester draws nearer and nearer, I can’t help but think about how much I’m going to miss that funny guy and that non-observant but loving girl, as well as the rest of my friends. I did indeed almost cry last night as we sat in the Dixon Center, waiting for Cinderella to begin. So hard. These are some of my best friends. Oh, how I love them. Oh, how I’m going to miss them.
I sometimes ask myself just what in the world I’m doing. Am I crazy? Leave here to go to the north country of New York? Hmmm…perhaps I was being emotional…. BUT, no. I’m quickly reminded that God doesn’t always answer the why’s when we want to know…and He doesn’t always ask us to do the easiest things. He asks for obedience. He asks for faith.
Yes. I am going to New York, and I am stilled excited about it. Slightly apprehensive…naturally. But I trust Him and His faithfulness. How could I not? He’s proved Himself faithful over and over again. Plus, He’s made it quite obvious to me that this is His best for me right now. The other day during one of my moments of “Am I crazy?”, I opened up a devotional book I had received as a gift a year and half ago. I had just found it again that day…March 27. So I read, “The Lord said to Abram, Go…away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I will show you,” Genesis 12:21. Okay. I got it, Lord. :)
So now, I try and use the discipline He has given me to finish my semester with excellence when all I really want to do is spend my time with my friends who really are more like family. I thank God for my time here. And I thank God for what the rest of the year holds. The Lord definitely has something in store. And to that I say, rock on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I did read your entry, but I thought you would like to read Darlene Sinclairs entry today, it was awesome! Read it for sure!
http://www.darlenesinclair.com/
So Missy........
When are you coming?
We will line up on the porch with our best Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes to greet you.
Will miss ya until then~
yeah, you are crazy! but why else would someone move here unless God has callled them? that's why we have the best people up here! :) see you soonish
Post a Comment