4.23.2006

Just a bit o' randomness....

I'm a mite tired...and I want to take a nap...but I have to write five pages about how I went to St. Louis and served with Urban Outreach. Eh.

Well, I re-entered the working world for the weekend, thanks to my friend...eh...I mean boss? I must say, though, that it's hard to constitute hanging out with my friend and going to car shows and baseball games as work.

Tomorrow the new week begins...a week that will go by all too quickly as we wrap up the semester with two more days of classes and the first two days of finals....throw in a paper, a take-home final/paper and a four-page newsletter to complete, a "reading day" and one last performance with the dance team, and my week is gone. It's my last full week here (at least I'm planning on it being so). One more weekend...one more Sunday service....two more Tuesday night Living Room's....nine more days with all of the people I love here, before some of them go to Florida for a few days and I head home. Last night after the worship service, one of my roommates came up to me, looking like she had been crying. She said that it hit her that I was really leaving and very shortly so....and she began to cry again. I'm trying to save my tears for when I leave...a few slip out, though, every now and then...sometimes at the most unseemly times.

Another friend asked why I didn't post very often. I said it was because I don't have much new to say...mostly the same: time goes by really fast; I'm excited but...scared...about New York...but am confident that that's where I'm suppose to go; I'm going to miss my friends here like crazy; God is good; God is so incredibly faithful. Not to say that God hasn't been doing new things in me...because, oh, He has. He's very trustworthy and faithful. He does reveal Himself to the open heart and His plans to the willing mind.

Well, I do believe I might have placed my blanket over an ant colony in my front yard because they're crawling all over.

Adieu.

2 comments:

Michael Petrillo said...

AWW, Kelly. I will miss you.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it has really sunk in that you won't be back next semester. I'll miss you so much next semester, but I know that you'll be where you are suppose to be. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers always. I love you Kelly Berg! -Alison