Nanc has given me a new name today...Gypsy.
No, my car is still not unloaded but holds just about everything I brought to New York. My clothing selection is determined by what I can get my hands on that morning. Fun times:)
Despite this, I am beginning to settle in here, contrary to my “in-limbo” state. I deemed yesterday a good day, and I am thankful for the new friends I have here. I am so grateful and thankful for both the Hulls and all the Sinclairs (and associates) who have been so hospitable and friendly in welcoming me here. They are a God-send.
Today is the day I’m finally going to go get some food (I figured it was about time). So, I am off to the Potsdam food co-op to garner eggs, apples, carrots, and popcorn of the only sort that Kelly Berg will eat them.
Oh. One more thing before I go…because honor should be given where honor is due...and just in case there's someone reading who needs a testimony of God's provision. I wasn’t quite sure how all my finances were going to work out. I had the whole fiasco with the bank a couple of months ago, and my trip to Spain and plans for the coming months leave me without an opportunity to get a job this summer. But God is definitely true to His word and provides for His children. My dad greatly blessed me before he left for his business trip (I leaving before he came back). Thanks to my dad, my gas money (to both NY and from TN to IL), my new tires, food, hotel, and etc…were all taken care of. In addition to this, I will have money for the rest of the summer to take care of food, gas, etc. thanks to Lore who took my spot in my house in Tennessee and therefore is paying me rent (that I had pre-paid at the beginning of the semester for the house). Oh, and then there was that $100 check from the bank in Tennessee (not the nasty one) for opening a new account. And I give the Lord all glory for these blessings. He is indeed faithful to His word. We can rest assured on this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We all love our "gypsy girl".
-and because gypsies tend to travel around a lot, it's no surprise that you are already re-locating to Madrid.
Post a Comment