Okay, so perhaps I won’t really be a hermit. I just think all the traveling and hoards of people were getting to me. But it’s been great to be back here in the north country, seeing my two families…and seeing the growth in three little munchkins.
And I must say that after almost 28 days of travel, it’s nice to be able to not live out of a suitcase…for a few days at least.
All of this is to not to say that I did have a good time in Connecticut and New York. A mite jet-lagged or not, I’m glad to have spent those few days with my sis, mom and grandparents. For, as we were on the train back to Connecticut from the city, I had the revelation that I wouldn’t be seeing my sister for quite some time. Unless she somehow has time off to come to Tennessee, the earliest I’ll be seeing her is October.
It’s interesting. My sister and I did not get along very well for many, many years. She’s seven years and two months my senior, which makes being very good friends a little difficult growing up. But as I’ve graduated high school, and we’ve both matured, we’ve become friends and have a rather good time with one another now. Amazing what a little time and distance do.
Speaking of time and distance, it’s been 11 weeks today since I left my southern home. Eleven weeks have passed since I exchanged goodbyes with a few of the people I love, got in my packed little car and backed out of my long driveway, viewing my little house and two of my dearest friends and roomies for the last time.
Much has happened since that day. To the untrained eye, it may seem as if nothing of significance has come from this time, but the truth is quite contrary. During my time both here in the New York and in Spain, I have learned a lot and have grown in multiple areas. And the thing is, I don’t really fully know the extent of it all. They’re more subtle changes and attitudes that will reveal themselves over time and in different places.
But I digress (as if I really have something to digress from)…I have been gone from Tennessee (and all interested parties there) for eleven weeks. But, ONE WEEK from today, I will be seeing the faces of one good friend (and co.) and one special someone who strikes my fancy.
Actually it’s less than a week by this time.
I hope I stay busy.
*EDIT*
Some photos from Connecticut and NYC here...if you dare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
One good friend (and co.!) counting down the days. . . five and counting.
We were talking about you yesterday. About all the ways Kelly will have changed and we will have stayed the same. And then we decided that, no, we've all changed. It'll be fun to mesh our changes together and see the result.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE our house and that i'm so thankful that we get to live in it together?
I know, Dawn. I'm tanner now than I think I've ever been. It's amazing what three weeks in the Spanish sun will do for a Norwegian like me:)
And Lor...I'm soooo excited to return to the girls' house!!! Ah! I can barely stand it!
Post a Comment