It was just going to be a quick stop to return something. In and out in five minutes.
So, I pull into the parking lot, only to see her heading to her car that is parked right next to mine. We exchange marvels of seeing one another in the booming metropolis of Canton as I get out of my car and she gets into hers.
I do my return and head back out to my car. Hmmm....where are those keys? I search through my purse. Noope. I don't see them on the seat at all, so I go back into the store. Perhaps I left them on the counter. Nooope. I head out to the car again and look once again for any sign of my keys.
Oh, there they are. In the ignition.
Good thing I have road-side assistance with my insurance, and they are more than happy to deal with such a matter (as I well know).
And so I call. And I am asked, " Do you know the license plate number of your car without getting out the vehicle?" I think there would be bigger problems than not knowing my license plate number if I locked my keys in the car...with me in it.
And so it was all taken care of. I wasn't too annoyed because at least I burned some time and had the satisfaction that all that money I put (okay, well, my dad puts) towards insurance actually gets me something.
I returned home, and I told my tale to her husband (sometimes referred to as "Aww Dad" late nights in Spain)...she hadn't returned before me, thankfully.
And he said that he and I make quite a pair.
But at least I lock my doors if I leave the keys in the ignition.
And that's why I still have my car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
"And that's why I still have my car"
That is awsome... :)
I must say this blog made me smile quite a bit and made me realize even more...I miss you! It's amazing all the possible questions that could be asked in a situation that do not help you in anyway, only to delay what you wanted in the first place. ;-) Love ya!
hey.
call the Hull household to make your social appointment of the season.
love ya, Bergy-Girl.
Post a Comment