5.01.2007

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

  • It’s been a while, eh?

    Well, the good news is that my semester is DONE!! Praise the Lord Almighty. I wasn’t sure how I was going to accomplish the mass amount of work that needed to get done in the past couple weeks, but, only by the grace of God, it’s all done…all 60+ pages of it.

    And so, I would like to share a few blessings of this morning:
  • An A+ on my research project that I invested a mass amount of time into (but actually thoroughly enjoyed). Let me know if you would like to know more about the correlations between romance movies and romantic relationship beliefs.
  • Organic steak, sweet potatoes and dark chocolate with chilies from my boss. I knew she liked like me, but I didn’t know she did this much! And yes, I did say steak. I’ve been wanting some all semester for some reason.
  • The card from all the girls I work with. Yeah. Words of affirmation. That's what I'm talking about.
  • My favorite Mary Kay lip gloss from the mom of one of my babies at work.
  • An espresso macchiato solo with extra foam from Starbucks. Amazing. And yes, I did say espresso.
  • A little girl on the other end of the phone telling me something about her messy hands, purple and her napping sissy.
  • Laundry. I love doing laundry. And hanging it up outside. I was a little disappointed that I finished all mine…so I started doing my roommate’s.
  • The joy of knowing that only an internship stand between me and a diploma.
  • Oh...just the small things...

And, since I haven’t been sharing much this semester, here’s what’s new:

  • My left eye no longer needs a contact (the right eye is soon to follow suit). Yep. This blind girl squeaked in just in time to have insurance cover $1000 for vision correction surgery before I cease to be a full-time student. The right eye is getting done May 11…it’s a little jealous of the left eye and can hardly wait.

Okay, well, I guess that’s pretty much the most notable new thing. Yeah. Well. I did a lot of school work, okay?

More writings soon to follow. It’s good to be back.

1 comment:

Darlene Sinclair said...

So you've been busy with school, work, and eye corrections! Hooray for you -- sounds like things are going very well. So what is next? Any trips North? To Spain? Just wondering!