8.30.2006

La gloria del Senor...

I am undone,” Isaiah cries upon glimpsing the glory of the Lord.

Upon seeing the glory of the Lord in my life, I can’t help but repeat, “I am undone.”

I am overwhelmed by the Lord. I am overwhelmed at the thought that He does not desire for me to be a diamond in the rough, but rather a brilliantly cut stone. I am overwhelmed at what He has revealed to me. I am overwhelmed at where He has brought me. I am overwhelmed to what He has called me.

I would pray for the Lord to make me more like Christ. I would sing with Mr. Camp,

“Holy fire,
Burn away
My desires
And anything
That is not of You
And is of me.
I want more of You,
And less of me.
Empty me.”


And He responded. The road has not been easy, and the refining process I still don’t quite grasp. But I know that He has called me to be more like Christ. He is forming me like clay on a potter’s wheel. I am undone just thinking about His goodness. I am blessed by His love and His attention to my life.

Do not despise His chastening. Our weaknesses must be brought forth so that His strength may come through. We must be purged if we want to be used. We must be torn down so that He can build us up to be stronger and more beautiful and more useful than before.

Be encouraged through the fire. I can’t fully comprehend or explain it, but when we allow ourselves to come face to face with truth…when we don’t run from the difficult chastening…when we consider His refinement a blessing…He will bless us. And we will be more fulfilled in becoming more like Him. And His glory will shine through us.

So I will still my spirit and trust Him with more than my life...

Who am I that He is mindful of me?

I am undone.




*Edit*

Lest you join those who think me to be a "strong girl," I'll be the first to admit that I am weak...

2 comments:

Darlene Sinclair said...

Still thinking of a certain pretty young lady who is setting her heart on the Lord and looking to Him for His best. He will not fail to give to her her heart's desire. He is so good!

Anonymous said...

miss you still so much.

Carina