9.27.2006

One Small Voice

The caller-id said "Mom." I figured I should answer it...quietly, of course, since I was in the library.

"Hi."

That wasn't Mom's voice. I quickly left the building (since cell-phone use is not acceptable practice in the library).

"Hi, Andi!"

"Hi, Auntie Kelly."

I hear Mom, Josh and Nikki in the background prompting

"What's up?"

"Hmm..well, uh..."

"We went to a soccer game today."

I responded that that's swell. Then I was prompted to talk to her. I told her that I was going to school far away, but I would be back soon, and we could play again.

And she said..

"Bye, bye, Auntie Kelly."

Ooooh...she's growing up without me. Well, what's an aunt in college to do?

A: Go see her nieces (&co.) in THREE weeks.

Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's adorable. Wow, she's already calling you? She must be getting big. They grow up so fast it seems... :-)