9.29.2006

With a grateful...trusting...heart

Good. I knew there had to be a reason for it. It just seemed so perfect that I knew there had to be a reason it didn’t happen.”

This the response of my roommate yesterday when I told her that I was glad and sooo very thankful that I didn’t get the perfect job I was suppose to get earlier this semester.

It had the right hours, the right “clients” and better pay than one can find anywhere else on campus. I inquired and was given reason to hope that the job was practically mine. But then someone else got the job. Someone who didn’t have my availability but for some reason was given the job anyway. So it didn’t happen. And I didn’t know why.

I was looking to work every Tuesday and Thursday in the school nursery. Instead I’m just on the list for special events. Can I just say that I don’t know what I would do without those daytime hours to do schoolwork? Sorry, but school is my job right now. But, I still get to work occasionally, quite frequently? And my needs are always met with abundant provision? Thank the Lord that His vision is better than ours.

I still love those occasions I get to work. Like last night and today. Sure, I had to be there this morning before the sun had quite risen. And sure I may have been spit-up on a few times today. And yesterday the wild older kids may have tested my patience a few times. But I love kids. Seeing again the older kids I became attached to last week was refreshing somehow. And rocking babies as they fall asleep on me today? In the words of Master Card—priceless.

I got my baby fix. I’m happy.

I like my job. That’ll be the first time in a while.


We were reminded this week to rejoice. Be thankful. Give praise.

I'm thankful for business. I prefer being busy with school work than busy doing nothing.

I rejoice in the Lord's provision. He does supply our needs. Why don't we just trust?

I’m grateful for a Lord who is so patient.

And I'm thankful that His vision is so much better and greater than mine could ever be on my own.

Today I'm trusting Him, thanking Him that He says His vision can be mine any day.



(A bit disjointed...but that's just how I am sometimes....) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to find contentment with something that at a time brought disappointment. I never see you anymore. Should I try the library? ;-) I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and for God's purpose, sometimes it make take a while though to realize that what God was doing was taking care of his children. I love babies and children, I'm glad you were able to get that job on occassions. You're amazing!