12.18.2006

Whatcha gonna do with all that?

Part of Grandpa and Grandma's moving process has been the divvying out of most of the possessions packed in their small house.

The rule was to take whatever they offered; what we did with it after that was our prerogative.

On Thanksgiving the family was going through Christmas decorations. I made a bid for the nutcracker. Last night I inquired whether I "won." I did. Apparently Mom was in charge of it and ended up with quite a bit.

In fact, she said, "I still have a lot of junk in my trunk."


*Insert my uproarious laughter here*


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I remember that rule. Sometime last year, I went with you to get your bed from them. What ever did you do with it? I can't remember.

kb said...

Weeelll, the boxspring got junked. It's true. The matress actually did come with me to Tennessee...after Dad bought me a plastic thing to cover it all and a feather topper to go along with the foam topper I already had. Hey, gotta have my comfort:)