11.27.2006

"Jingle Bells" is a Thanksgiving song...

Well, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

On the day itself, I went with the family I stayed with to the Chattanooga Rescue Mission to serve food. It was nothing special, really, but it was just so good to be able to serve. It had me thinking that perhaps I should start a tradition of my own…

On Friday my friend, her sister and I went shopping in the morning around Cleveland. Not exactly a commercial hotbed, but we got some good deals and had some good times, nonetheless. Later that day we had our Thanksgiving meal followed by impromptu dancing, a jam session and some “Moods” playing.

I really had such a restful and fun holiday! I love when holidays last longer than a day. I mean, that’s how they celebrate in other places! Bring on the week-long celebration feasts! But anyway, they say I was initiated into their family this weekend, but I think I initiated them to be mine. I mean, once someone is subjected to the “after-10-o’clock” side, there’s no going back;)

All weekend I was so thankful for the community we have as God-followers. My family is not restricted by blood. God provides community and family to all who have none or who are apart from theirs. Being a part of the Body is a huge blessing that God designed for His people. I’m thankful for the precious gift of community…for privilege and blessing it is to be a part of the family of God.

1 comment:

Darlene Sinclair said...

Here's a rumor for you: I heard you may be here at Christmas time. Well, if you are we sure are excited about seeing you! Be sure to plan a few meals around the Sinclair table, okay? And if you can, reserve that room at the Paladins -- little Bronwyn would love to have you there again!