6.24.2006

I'm sure Anne Shirley would have agreed...

I’ve grown to love screened porches. They’re not too common where I come from. Decks, verandas and patios are more the fare in the great Midwest, but I think there’s just something so peaceful and somewhat whimsical about these special little rooms.

I sat in a new one tonight…perhaps one of my favorites. The setting sun painted the sky in colors of purple, aquamarine and that brilliant pinkish orange color as I rocked in the rocking chair and dreamed of having a screened porch of my own some day. Of course my daydreaming lasted for but a minute as my friend and I were soon joined by a few others. It was a welcome interruption, though, as lively and humorous talk is sure to inhabit the company of this group of people I’ve come to call my friends.

Besides, this was my only adventure for the night. They’re off right now, traipsing through mud and brush, up the slope of the mountain to build another bonfire. I hate to miss out on the fun, but something tells me it’s wiser for me to get some rest, considering I haven’t felt so wonderful for the past two days. *sigh*

No comments: