Mmm yes…it’s been another week…a “short” week thanks to the change of scenery. I spent about four days in New Hampshire visiting a couple of special people. It was a really great time. Indeed.
I surely wish that I had something profound or witty to write. It seems like I had more to write than I do now. My xanga posts always seemed to be somewhat interesting, whether funny, random or serious…
All I have right now are the thoughts of a heart that longs so greatly to be more. More what? More pure. To have a pure love for my Lord. To be pure in thought, action, speech and motive. To be blameless and without offense. Purity is so much more than physical and relational. Purity…is holiness, righteousness. It is untainted. It is free from pollutants. It’s like distilled water. Pure h2o. Oh, to have everything distilled down into a pure love from my Father….and then to have everything built on that. To live with a simplicity and sincerity as Paul teaches in II Corinthians 1:12. To simply and sincerely love and act upon what our heavenly Father has called us to do…and be.
And I don’t want this just to be a “good girl.” I don’t want it for my reputation. I don’t even want it to preserve (or develop) a “good name.” For, while a good name is to be valued (I believe Proverbs says so), it is not just my name that I uphold. I have taken on another name, been marked by one of whose name I am not worthy to bear…yet He writes it on my heart regardless. What an honor. What a privilege. What a responsibility. “For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord” (II Cor. 4:5). What is my life preaching? For it’s not just about me…it’s about them…and it’s about HIM.
Like I said...nothing profound...just simple thoughts I have tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are really great simple thoughts! Profound or not, always good to hear/see.
Glad you had a fun time in NH!
btw, I don't have any great thoughts for music to a dance yet. Maybe i'll talk with you today about it. I'm not sure exactly what type of thing you work best with!
That post made me think of a Josh Harris phrase: "Purity is a direction." Of course, he said it in the context of moral relationships, but I think it's true all the way around. A pure love for the Lord isn't something we cross off the list of to-dos. It's something we go after, constantly climbing higher, always wanting more of...
Post a Comment