6.17.2006

Conversations

Speaking of conversations...

A long-overdue phone chat with my sister-in-law makes me thankful that there are those who have "been there"...and who are there...Whenever. She loves me enough to listen...and to speak...not always what I want to hear...but that's the great thing about her. She's willing to ask the hard questions as well as give encourage. So good it was to hear her voice after five weeks. I love my siblings.

An hour and a half late-night IM chat with Alison drew out some tears. My first friend at Lee proves to be one of the most faithful of all. It's hard to keep in touch over the distance and time...but she does...more than anyone else, she does. I love her! And I'm so proud to be able to stand up (in this) at her wedding in January. Good friends aren't easy to come by. She is unique in that sense and such a blessing.

Two special people. Two special conversations. I am blessed to have these women in my life. Sisters and friends. God is good.

PS. I had white tea at 11:00. White tea has some caffeine in it. Maybe this is why I'm still awake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to see you last night.